Differentiate your candy cane from the rest with its own special holder.
Dakota Design CD - Appliquè Candy Cane Holders (20 designs included with detailed instructions)
Water soluble stabilizer
Fabric for the appliquès - Maximum size needed for the front and back of each holder will be 2 pieces 4” x 3 1/2”
Tape, such as blue painter's tape
2. Sew the tack down stitch to hold the appliquè fabric in place. Trim the fabric close to the outside of the tack down stitches.
3. Embroider the design through the last outline step.
4. On the back of the stabilizer, tape a piece of appliquè fabric that extends at least ¼ inch past the the outline stitches.
5. Stitch the tack down color change to hold the appliquè fabric in place.
6. Remove tape and trim the fabric close to the outside of the tack down stitches.
7. Change bobbin thread to match top thread.
8. Embroider the rest of the design.
9. Stabilize the buttonholes with Fray Check, let dry.
10. Remove from hoop and cut excess water soluble stabilizer away from design.
11. Cut buttonholes open.