Floriani's Template Tearaway makes multi-hoop designs a snap to embroider. Manipulate embroidery designs by rotating and combining them to make one large design. With Floriani's Template Tearaway you can achieve precise placement faster and easier! Make templates for all your designs! 25 ready to use 8 ½" x 11" sheets.
Floriani Template Tearaway is a printable, translucent, self-adhesive template paper, Floriani Template Tearaway allows you to preview placement on the background fabric and use the template gridlines to position the needle for an exact result every time.
- Load one sheet of Template Tearaway in your printer's paper tray.
- Print the design template from your embroidery software. This should include cross hairs to aid in alignment.
- Trim the template tearaway if desired to the outer perimeter of the printed design. (Most software has the option to print a square around the design to show the outer most stitching points)
- Peel back the release paper to expose the sticky surface.
- Stick the template tearaway to the fabric in the desired position, re-position if needed. Follow the directions below for hooping your fabric.
Option 1 for setting up the fabric to be hooped (Marks on Fabric):
Pierce the printed "cross-hairs" running through the design using a water soluble or air erase pen or pencil. This will make small dots on the fabric.
Remove the template tearaway and re-adhere it to the release paper for later use.
Connect the dots drawn on the fabric to form a plus sign on the fabric.
Using the lines as a guide, hoop the fabric. Be sure to align the lines on the fabric with the lines on the inner hoop of your embroidery frame.
Embroider! Perfect hooping could never be easier!
Option 2 for setting up the fabric to be hooped (No Marks on Fabric):
Lay the inner part of the embroidery frame on the surface of the item to be embroidered. (The Template Tearaway will be inside the frame stuck to the garment.)
Align the cross hairs on the Template Tearaway with the lines on the embroidery hoop as closely as possible.
Hoop the garment/item. *Tip - Use a few pieces of Wonder Tape by Collins on the underside of your embroidery frame to keep it from shifting while you hoop!
Lower your needle by turning the handwheel to make sure the design is aligned in the center. If you were off, simply use your machines centering feature to move the design until the needle drops in the center of the Template Tearaways center cross hair lines.