Since the 2340CV only does a Cover Stitch and Chain Stitch, it's extremely fast! The machine runs up to 1,000 stitches per minute and is much easier to set up and use. The 2340CV looks more like regular sewing machine and offers familiar features that make it easier to use than regular sergers, like a full size sewinbed, free-arm sewing, vertical needle drop and a one-hand thread cutter. This machine will allow you to hem t-shirts, attach lace, attach taping and binding, sew decorative stitching, attach elastic, attach lace, do belt loop stitching, circular hemming, attach elastic lace & hem stitching The cover stitch is especially suited to stretchy fabrics like knits, as well as the popular new blends of traditional woven fabrics with a small percentage of stretch fiber added for extra flexibility. The cover stitch is a serger-type stitch made without the knives (no fabric is cut), so it can be used not only to finish hems, necklines, collars and cuffs, but also for decorative effects in the middle of the fabric. Cover stitches can be made with two or three needles. Chain stitch one-needle, two-thread double chain stitch. For tape binding, joining woven fabrics and decorative effects. Expand your creativity with Brother's advanced technology.
- Easy to follow color coded lay-in threading.
- Color-coded threading guide.
- Fast and easy looper threading system.
- Dial adjustment for stitch length.
- Stitch length 2mm to 4mm.
- Presser foot pressure adjustment.
- Slide lever adjustment for differential feed.
- Differential feed for perfect seaming on virtually any fabric type.
- Eliminates the wavy or stretched appearance of stitches on fabrics.
- Snap-on presser foot
- Two-needle 2/3/4 thread cover stitch only
- Cover Stitch Capability of 3mm and 6mm
- Chain Stitch Capability
- Light weight.
- 25 year limited warranty