Also make sure to check out our Current Events page.
- This sewing class has passed.
Brother/BL TOL Part 1 Sewing Corona
Tuesday, September 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sewing Class Navigation
This class is structured to teach both sewing and embroidery for your machine. We will cover the basics from threading and bobbin winding. You will learn about the different feet that came with your machine & what they are used for. We will provide education on consumables like needles, threads & supplies to make your sewing more enjoyable. The education on your screen icons and what they will help you do, is so important. We will show you where to go for adjusting your machine’s basic settings. Learn how to locate the machine’s many stitch options and directional sewing features. You will sew out sample stitches to take home for your reference. When it comes to embroidery you will learn how to get an embroidery image onto your machine’s menu. The embroidery editing features are fun to navigate and learn as well. You will enlarge embroidery designs, use the many varied fonts. We will suggest needed products for embroidery success. And lastly, we will cover your machines basic preventative maintenance needs. This class is open to all regardless of where they purchased their machine.
Students to bring to class:
- Sewing Machine & embroidery Unit
- Power Cord
- Foot Pedal
- Empty Bobbin
- Fabric to sew on – preferred 12×12 size
- Embroidery Thread
- One Embroidery Hoop- size 5×7 or smaller
- Embroidery Tear Away Stabilizer – 12×12 size
- Fabric for hooping, preferred a light-colored fabric – 12×12 size
- Pre-Wound Embroidery Bobbin
- All items that came with your combination sewing machine
- Paper & Pen – for taking notes
This class does not have any required materials listed.