Also make sure to check out our Current Events page.
- This sewing class has passed.
Introduction to Fabric Surface Design: Stitch & Slash, Mission Viejo, 2 Sessions, $
May 1, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm| $20
Sewing Class Navigation
Join us to learn this creative technique to embellish your fabric – you’ll find ways to use it for home dec, clothing, more! At the end of this class you’ll be able to:
- Understand the technique of Stich & Slash.
- Prepare a Stitch & Slash design on paper and transfer it to fabric.
- Stitch four pieces of fabric together, following your own design.
- Use a seam ripper, scissors and other tools to slash the design through each layer.
- Embellish the design with decorative stitches and other embellishments such as yarn, cording, beads, buttons, Angelina fibers, Mylar, hot crystals, etc.
- Create a completed surface design fabric you can then use at home for a project of choice!
Prerequisite: Know how to thread and utilize a sewing machine
Dates for Sessions(s)
This class does not have any required materials listed.