Free Shipping Over $49 Online
While our country works on eliminating the COVID-19 coronavirus, we know you'll need extra sewing supplies to make your time at home more enjoyable. For a limited time, we'll ship all purchases over $49 free (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
Embellish Fusible Bold Tearaway 15″ x 10yds
Embellish® Fusible Bold Tearaway is a tightly woven, heavy-duty, fusible stabilizer made using a unique “Non-Woven” technique. The fusible coating is temporary, so it pulls away easily when ironed at the proper temperature. It is specially designed to hold up to 12,000 stitches on just a 4″ x 4″ hoop! Featuring a tightly woven, heavy-duty, design made using a unique “Non-Woven” technique, it is used to support large or dense embroideries on stable woven fabric such as cotton, duck cloth, twill, and denim. Also available in non-fusible!
*All Embellish products will be shipped out directly from the supplier.
Embellish Fusible Bold Tearaway 15″ x 10yds is a heavy fusible stabilizer for solid support.
It is used to support decorative sewing stitches and large or dense embroideries on stable woven fabric such as cotton, duck cloth, twill, and denim. It features a multi-directional tear capability, easily pulling away clean from the embroidery design, for a crisp look on the front and back. Also available in a non-fusible version, which is to be used as additional support by floating a piece under the embroidery hoop; when the design stitch count is more than one layer of Embellish® Fusible Bold Tearaway can sustain.
See what Hope Yoder has to say about the Embellish Fusible Bold Tearaway 15″ x 10yds:
Made in America. Premium tearaway fibers using the Wet-Laid Non-Woven Process with a light temporary fusible coating. 2 oz.
Holds up to 12,000 embroidery stitches in a 4”x4” hoop.
- Fuse one layer of the stabilizer to the back of the material. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer perimeter of the hoop to ensure proper stabilization.Important – Use a low temp (Silk Setting) on your iron. Do NOT touch the surface of your iron to Embellish® Fusible Bold Tearaway, press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (natural fibers such as muslin or cotton). All irons heat differently. The iron temperature given is a starting point. If you find that you are not getting a good fuse, slowly increase your iron’s temperature until you achieve a good bond between the fabric and stabilizer and ensure the stabilizer can be torn away easily. If it won’t release easily when torn away, the iron temperature is too high.
- Hoop the material along with the fused stabilizer, making sure the material and stabilizer are taut.
- If the design has more than 12,000 stitches in a 4”x4” hoop then “float” a piece of non-fusible Embellish® Bold Tearaway under the hoop for added support.
- Add an embroidery topper on top of the hoop (either Embellish® Rinse-Away Clear Topper or Embellish® Iron-Away Clear Topper).
- Embroider the design.
- Remove the material from the hoop. Remove the topper, following the topper product sheet, found in the workbook.
- Hold your fingers over the bobbin thread and tear away as much of the stabilizer as possible, starting with the “floater,” if applicable.
- If the iron temperature was too hot during the fusing process, it might be necessary to re-heat the stabilizer, using a Silk Setting for it to release from the material.
Laundering and Care:
Launder and dry the item according to the fabric material fiber content.
Embellish Fusible Bold Tearaway is offered in three sizes; 12″ x 10yds, 15″ x 10yds, and 20″ x 10yds