Free Shipping Over $49 Online
Floriani Dream Weave® Fusible – 30″ x 3yds
Floriani Dream Weave Fusible® can be adhered to the back of the fabric behind an embroidery design, making it softer to wear. It also helps to protect the fabric by giving it more body yet doesn’t change the face or drape of the fabric. This product can also be used as a lining in all types of fabrics for suits or garment construction.
Only 2 left in stock
Fusing Floriani Dream Weave® Fusible to the back of the fabric helps to protect the fabric by giving it more stability. When adding embroidery to your most delicate fabrics such as silk, satin, lame or chamois, you can experience shredding. This occurs because some fabrics are not capable of handling the constant penetration of the needle during the embroidery process. This can also occur in fabrics such as Swiss Batiste, top quality quilt cottons and linen, Lycra or spandex which are often used in dance uniforms or bathing suits.
Use Floriani Dream Weave® Fusible as a lining in all types of fabrics for suits or garment construction. It is important to remember that Dream Weave is not a stabilizer. It is a very important step to prepping or preparing delicate fabrics for embroidery.
Another great use for Floriani Dream Weave® Fusible is to cover scratchy stitches on the backside of embroidery designs. This is especially nice for baby garments, youth apparel or golf shirts. Because it is a 6 way stretch, Dream Weave® will move with the garment and won’t add unwanted bulk.
- Creates a bond with delicate fabrics without changing the face or drape of the fabric
- Fuse over the back of an embroidery design to cover scratchy stitches.
- Keeps fabric from raveling or shredding during the embroidery or stitching process.
To Use Floriani Dream Weave® Fusible:
- Cut a piece of Dream Weave® at least one inch larger than the embroidery design area.
- Place the fusible side (rough side) to the wrong side of the fabric and press using a low temp, dry iron (silk setting). **It is necessary to use a pressing cloth or sheet between the iron and the interfacing.
- Using the appropriate stabilizer in addition to the Dream Weave®, embroider the garment.
- If desired, after the embroidery is complete, fuse one layer of the Dream Weave® over the back of the design to keep it from scratching your skin.