Free Shipping Over $49 Online
GO! Dresden Plates Die
Piecing Dresden Plate blocks was never easy until now. The GO! Dresden Plates makes cutting this tricky design from multiple fabric layers a piece of cake.
*Please allow 2-3 business days for shipping*
NOTE: A Cutting Mat size 10” x 24″ must be used when putting the GO! Dresden Plates Die through the GO! Cutter, to keep the cutter from becoming damaged.
AccuQuilt Die-Cutting Benefits:
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time — No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use — Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam — Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut
- Safe to use — No blades come anywhere near your fingers
Why do quilters love the GO! Dresden Plates Die?
- The die is an AccuQuilt Block on a Board® (BOB®), meaning it’s been designed to include all the shapes needed to create a block on one die board
- No measuring and no templates — cutting Dresden Plates blocks has never been easier!
- While Dresden Plates are a traditional quilt block, quilters can also create modern designs; great quilt blocks can be made by arranging the pieces in colorful combinations.
- There are matching notches for quick and easy pinning and sewing of the round plate shapes, and crisp points are easily achieved for the pointed plate shapes.
- Use five Dresden Plates to form one quarter circle, and 20 Dresden Plates for one full circle measuring 12″ tip to tip.
- Die includes screen printed letters on die to easily identify, organize and piece shapes together; seam allowances of 1/4″ are included as well.
Cutting Tips for the GO! Dresden Plates Die
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
Pointed Plates: Cut a 6″ strip across the width of fabric and fanfold into 8 3/4″ widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 pointed plates across the width of fabric; one yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 96 pointed plates.
Rounded Platess: Cut a 6″ strip across the width of fabric and fanfold into 8 3/4″ widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 rounded plates across the width of fabric; one yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 96 rounded plates.
4″ Circles: Cut a 4 1/2″ strip across the width of fabric and fanfold into 9″ widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight circles across the width of fabric; one yard of 40″ wide fabric cuts 64 circles..
Care and Maintenance Tips
- Use an adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies.
- After each use, remove any threads imbedded between the blades and foam, using the die pick provided with the cutter.
- It’s normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick.
- Die blades never need to be sharpened.
|Dimensions||7 × 13 × 1.5 in|