Free Shipping Over $49 Online
GO! Rag Square 5 1/4″ Die
GO! Rag Square 5 1/4″ Die makes quick work out of cutting pieces for snuggly rag quilts, with the fringe cut in one along with the quilt square! Use a variety of snuggle-worthy fabrics like flannel, fleece, cotton, Cuddle® fabrics and more to cut perfect rag squares with 1″ seam allowances and 3/4″ fringe.
*Please allow 2-3 business days for shipping*
NOTE: A Cutting Mat size 6” x 12” must be used when putting the GO! Rag Square-5 1/4″ Die through the GO! Cutter, to keep the cutter from becoming damaged.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time — No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use — Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam — Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut
- Safe to use — No blades come anywhere near your fingers
Why do quilters love the GO! Rag Square 5 1/4″ Die?
- Save hours of tedious hand cutting of the fringes with the GO! 5 1/4″ Rag Square Die.
- Die features specialized dog-ears for easy alignment, as well as 1″ seam allowance with 3/4″ fringe cut to a consistent 1/4″ width, for perfect piecing.
- Rag quilts are so perfect for snuggling, and so make great gifts for everyone from babies to new grads, for holidays and more. Change the number and size of the 5 1/4″ rag squares to make the quilt larger or smaller.
- Rag squares can be cut out of a variety of fabrics: flannels, homespun fabric, fleece, cotton, Cuddle® fabrics and more! Use batting to make rag quilts warmer.
- Fringes can be “fully bloomed” by laundering the rag quilt after it is made.
- This die is designed to work with appliqué shapes that are 2 1/4″ or smaller.
Rag Die Cutting Tips
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. It is always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.
Cut 11″ strips across the width of fabric and fanfold into 5 3/4″” widths. Place on selected blade and cut.
- 40″ wide fabric: One yard cuts 36 rag squares
- 60″ wide fabric: One yard cuts 60 rag squares
Care and Maintenance Tips
- Use an adhesive roller to clean lint and thread from dies.
- After each use, remove any threads imbedded between the blades and foam, using the die pick provided with the cutter.
- It’s normal for threads to get caught where blades meet in a die. Remove with tweezers or die pick.
- Die blades never need to be sharpened.
|Dimensions||7 × 13 × 1.5 in|