Moore’s Sewing Centers is a 4th generation family-owned business with 6 southern California locations specializing in sewing machine and vacuum sales and services. We are currently seeking a full-time driver/warehouse clerk to help grow our expanding team.
Moore’s driver is responsible for the supervision and safe transportation of product and repairs to and from the company warehouse and our 5 store locations. The driver will ensure that all company vehicles are clean and in safe working condition. We have several vehicles, including a bobtail truck. Driver’s duties include, but are not limited to: daily transfers, will-calls, customer deliveries, and pick-ups.
We hire exceptional people who offer exceptional customer service and professionalism; we focus on setting ourselves apart with these characteristics.
- Pull products and repairs from the warehouse in an efficient and timely manner. Transfer product from warehouse to a company vehicle. Safely secure items in vehicles as needed.
- Transfer products and repairs from company vehicles to correct locations within the store.
- Ensure vehicles are clean, conduct regular vehicle safety inspections, and perform routine maintenance (adding gas, oil, fluids, air); immediately report any safety concerns, major repairs or servicing believed to require attention to the Warehouse Manager.
- Assist with shipping and receiving in the warehouse when not fulfilling driving duties.
- Scheduled Route Starts at 8:00 am to approximately 4:30 pm M-F.
- Must have a clean driver’s record
- Background check required.
- 6 Months prior delivery experience preferred.
- Must be fluent in the English language, both verbal and written.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must be 21 years of age and have had a driver’s license for at least 3 years. Must possess a valid driver’s license that meets all legal and company insurance requirements, provide proof of a safe driving record for the safe transportation of clients, and adhere to all safe driving techniques and laws.
- Must have a basic knowledge and understanding of vehicle operations, repair, and safety and be able to identify when there may be a possible issue with the vehicle by the way the vehicle sounds or the way it feels when driving.
- Must represent the company in a kind and professional manner at all times.
- Some weekends may be required.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for a minimum of 2.5-hour increments.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more.
- Must be able to detect and avoid objects near and far while maneuvering a vehicle.
- The person in this position constantly communicates with our stores and warehouse and must be able to exchange information in these situations in an accurate and professional manner.
- Constantly works in outdoor weather conditions.
- Health insurance: Available 90 days after employment upon registration.
- Sick pay and vacation: You will immediately begin accruing sick time up to 24 hours per state laws.
- An additional 40 hours of vacation time will be available at one year’s full-time employment.
- 401k contribution: Available for enrollment after one year of full-time employment. Moore’s matches up to 4% of the employee’s contribution.
- Salary: $15.00 an hour
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: Class C Driver’s License
If you meet these qualifications we offer a great place to work where we value our customers and employees. The position is full-time M-F with medical benefits, vacation, sick time, and retirement. Some weekends may be required.
Please email your resume with the job title as the subject line.
Or manually send your resume to email@example.com if the button does not work in your browser.