Summary of Role:
As our Purchasing Coordinator you will play an integral role in delivering an exceptional experience to our store and e-commerce customers by placing all stock orders. You will interact with management and our vendor partners for best possible outcomes, analysis of inventory levels and sell through rates and OTB management. The purchasing coordinator will establish strong relationships with vendors. Will ensure merchandise mix to continually improve assortments. You will be responsible for anticipating potential problems and risks; generate ideas, insights and solutes to resolve or “head off” potential problems. Partners with all operational and analytical divisions to achieve objectives.
- 5+ years professional experience retail purchasing (Sewing Industry a Plus)
- Advanced computer skills, including a solid knowledge in Word, Excel & Outlook.
- 3+ years experience advanced reporting & inventory management.
- 3+ years experience in inventory set-up, inventory management and analytics.
- College degree in a related field.
- Sewing experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, flexible and able to handle large volumes of work independently.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Strong analytical and retail math skills.
- Strong time management skills with a sense of urgency.
- Able to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility and ownership.
- Strong people management skills and ability to collaborate well with others and thrive as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Demonstrate commitment to a dynamic and challenging brand evolution.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Work directly with Owner/GM to execute on buying strategy.
- Prepare purchase orders for all Store and Ecommerce stock and special orders.
- Responsible for managing the OTB to ensure the availability of having liquidity for opportunistic buys.
- Understands the need to budget and release merchandise in a proactive and cost-effective manner.
- Verify timely receipt and accuracy of vendor acknowledgments.
- Track inventory, communicating delays in orders to mitigate business impact.
- Work with industry reps as needed.
- Work with wider management team (Sales, Ecommerce, Operations, Marketing and Finance) to ensure proper communication and achievement of strategic objectives.
- Maintain stock and rebuy levels on core products.
- ROI analysis/reporting on items and categories.
- Build and maintain seasonal Holiday book.
- Monitor Holiday inventory for quick sellers and recommend early re-buys.
- Provide product information on stock merchandise to Sales Teams.
- Occasional screening/answering phones.
- Weekly / Monthly Sales Forecast Report based on open orders
- Creating new SKU’s into the CRM system
- Maintaining/updating cost of goods.
Please email your resume with the job title as the subject line.
Or manually send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if the button does not work in your browser.