Summary of Role:
The Service/Repair Technician is responsible for the diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of all sewing products in the Technical Services department. Along with the repair of these products, the Service/Repair Technician is responsible for providing technical support to our retail customers in a timely and positive manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate service machines for repair or replacement.
- Verify warranty and service contract coverages, developing estimates, writing repair orders and maintaining customer records.
- Inspect and determine repair requirements of sewing and embroidery machines; if appropriate request additional estimates, replace defective parts, and process paperwork.
- Represent the store in a positive manner; providing exceptional personalized service to our customers.
- Test products to ensure consumer satisfaction and compliance with the factory specifications.
- Identify and communicate product quality issues.
- Provide concise, accurate, and sufficiently detailed data to properly track history and trends.
- Provide technical phone support to retail customers and/or dealers on machine repair issues.
- Be able to provide delivery and service of sewing machines, embroidery machines, ten needle machines and longarm quilting machines for in home set-up and company events.
- Some travel may be required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. 2 year technical degree or similar field of study, high school diploma and/or vocational technical training a plus.
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as service manuals, parts catalogs, circuit diagrams, and operating & maintenance instructions.
- Previous sewing machine repair a plus; electronics or electrical education a plus.
- Familiarity with computers including Windows, Excel and using email.
- Experience using hand tools.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands in repair of machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please email your resume with the job title as the subject line.
Or manually send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if the button does not work in your browser.