Floriani Press N Bond Fusible Thread – 800m
Floriani Press N Bond Thread is an innovative, heat-activated thread that can be used as bobbin thread for embroidery or threaded through the lower looper on your serger. This gives a heat-fusible backing to your embroidery, serger hem, etc!
Turn your hems and embroidery pieces into instantly fusible items with Floriani Press N Bond Fusible Thread! Use this wonderful thread in the bobbin to create fusible appliques, emblems, and patches. Floriani Press N Bond Fusible Thread can also be used in the lower looper of the serger to edge delicate and stretch fabrics; afterwards, just fold and press to create the ultimate blind hem!
Tips for Embroidered Patches:
- Use an embroidery design with ample stitches – appliques, letterings, or running stitches that are slim will not expose enough of the thread for successful fusing.
- Increase the upper tension a small amount to expose more bobbin thread on the back of the embroidery.
- Test the fabric and top embroidery thread to be sure that iron heat will not cause damage. Only use fabrics and thread that can withstand direct heat of iron or heat-press.
- Allow the garment to cool completely after fusing.
- Apply pression with iron for at least 10 seconds. Press from the back of the garment first to ensure enough heat penetrates to melt the thread.
- Turn garment right side out, cover with a pressing close and press for another 5 – 7 seconds.
Press N Bond will not be effective in fusing to fabrics that contain starch, wax or Teflon.
|Dimensions||2 × 2 × 2 in|