Free Shipping Over $49 Online
Floriani Heat N Sta Fusible Tearaway Stabilizer – Multiple Options
$13.99 – $17.49
This tearaway stabilizer has a light fusible coating and was developed for embroidery on lightweight cotton, shirt weight denim, linen and other woven fabrics that tend to distort or stretch when they are hooped or when the embroidery is stitching out.
The fusibility eliminates the need for messy spray adhesives which leave a residue on the needle, machine, and fabric. By fusing the stabilizer to the back of the garment, embroiderers are more successful in hooping, as this ensures the garment does not stretch out of shape.
Most importantly, the stabilizer is attached to the entire area where the embroidery will be stitched, unlike spray adhesives which only “spot” tack and allow shifting of the fabric. This product is also well-liked because it offers a clean tear from around the design. It is also available in a non-fusible version and is called Floriani Medium Tearaway.
- Use for solid type embroidery designs on light weight woven fabrics such as batiste, linen, shirt weight denim, pin-point cotton, quilt cottons, etc
- Makes hooping a snap by eliminating shift and stretch within the fabric
- Fibers of the fabric will not move during the stitching process
- Will support about an 8,000 stitch count, well digitized design.
- Tears away clean from around the embroidery design.
- No need for basting or spray adhesives!
- Fuse one layer of Heat N Sta® to the back of the fabric to be embroidered. Be sure to use a piece at least one inch larger than the outer parameter of the hoop. *Important – Use a low to medium temp (260°, silk) setting on your iron. Do not touch the surface of your iron to the Heat N Sta®. Press from the fabric side or use a press cloth (muslin or cotton).
- Hoop the garment and stabilizer. Try to achieve “tight as a drum” tension.
- Embroider your design. *Tip – If the design is denser than 8,000 stitches or if it is a poorly digitized design (too many stitches for designs size), float one layer of Floriani Medium Tearaway between the hoop and the bed of the machine for each additional 10,000 stitches for added support!
- Once the design is complete, remove the hoop from the machine and tear away the Heat N Sta® from around the embroidery.
12" x 10yds, 15" x 10yds