My best quilting buddy, Susan, owns the embroidery only, Baby Lock Meridian. Susan graciously allowed me to visit her sewing studio to film her machine. Make sure you watch the end of the video to see Susan’s amazing quilts. She’s so creative. Susan saves the thread clippings and is stuffing a patchwork bear she made called “Thread Bear”. She used her machine to embroider his name on the foot. Her first embroideries featured designs from a quilting pattern called “Blue Goose”. She was able to use IQ Technology and IQ Intuition Placement App for perfect position. Watch my video illustrating how easy it is to create a quick quilt block using IQ Designer and a built in embroidery design
Moore’s Sewing has a great video on their Facebook page covering the features on the Altair. You won’t find a better offer on a feature rich machine with a fantastic price, free shipping in most of the US and financing to sweeten the offer. The Altair has so many amazing features but let me tell you a few I love.
- 494 Built in Designs including 200 Baby lock exclusives, 32 built in fonts, 140 Frame combinations, and beautiful monograms.
- Embroiders using up to a 14” x 9.5” embroidery field and comes with 4 hoops. Great for quilting and embroidery on towels, t-shirts and gifts.
- IQ Designer featuring 90 shapes, 18 different region fills, 6 different outline stitches and the capability to create your own embroidery designs from a JPEG using your own Wi-Fi capable device like a cell phone or tablet.
- Guide Beam and Needle Beam for precise alignment of stitches.
- 771 Built in Stitches. Now you can combine and customize your stitches using a powerful machine that will not bog down on the heaviest fabric.
- Automatic Threading – Definitely the best automatic threader on the market.
- Automatic Tension, automatic thread cutter and automatic needle up/down.
You will definitely want to check out the Optional Accessories Baby lock offers like a Love of Sewing Membership, Trolley Set, Palette 11 Software and more. Baby lock offers the best training videos for their machines.
Join me, Terry Maffitt, on my YouTube Channel Here or my Facebook Group, Just Stitchin with the Brother Luminaire.